Friday, October 5, 2012

Let Soccer Tournaments Begin


Last week there were four boy captains chosen in each class.  I took four volunteers and if we had more we use the great strategy of rock, paper, scissors to have four boys left.  The first round pick was a girl for each team and then a boy.  This pattern continued until everyone was on a team.  If there were a couple of people left, I let them choose their teams. 
Each team came up with a name.  The students were creative in choosing names.  This week was the week of our mini tournament.  The first time I saw the classes we talked about the field, throw ins, and keeping track of score.  Unfortunately, it rained for our second class.  When the fifth graders were inside they played Scooter Soccer.  I wish I would’ve taken pictures for this, but I forgot to grab the camera.  The sixth graders played Homerun Kickball with a soccerball.  Homerun Kickball is my favorite game that we play.  The sixth graders were amazing.  They have really matured since I had them in fourth grade.  There was a lot of great teamwork and sportsmanship with most students. 
I am still in the process of uploading pictures from our soccer unit, but the computer at Pullen won’t let me pull them off of the camera.  I have a few so far located in this post.  I will continue to add some more to the same post this weekend.
I made a contest for 5th and 6th graders to guess who the soccer dribbler was in two separate pictures.  The winners, Breahanna and Isabel, are getting treated to a Subway lunch next Wednesday.  During this contest the blog had 95 views.  I think were able to find the blog J
Fitness testing next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment