Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Soccer Mini Tournament


 Our soccer mini tournament is (hopefully) this week.  If we are forced inside due to rain, it will go into next week.  We started Monday and Tuesday with the first game.  The second time I see the students we will be finishing our tournament with two more games. 

Before we played I discussed what to do when the ball goes out of bounds, touches hands/arms, or is scored in the goal.  I had a lot of "antsy" students that just wanted to get to the game.  I love how excited some students get when there is a competition involved.  It makes me even happier when they use good sportsmanship while competing. 
With one of the six grade classes I had to fill in because of absences.  It was quite the workout, but I had some great goal tending from Kaila and trying to score a goal along side of me were Will and Jacob. 

After their first games (yesterday and today) I realized that we need to make time to shake hands after the tournament.  This would be excellent sportsmanship and it is something they need to practice throughout the year.

I took quite a few pictures and a few videos.  Here is a picture from this morning's game.  A prize to the first student that can tell me who this is...

Almost everyone remembered their tennis shoes.  It has improved, which makes participating much more enjoyable.  Mrs. Carroll's class is in the lead on the sticker chart. 




No comments:

Post a Comment