Friday, September 21, 2012

More Soccer and Remember Your Shoes, Please!

We continued to practice soccer this week.  Both fifth and sixth graders practiced a lot kicking in relay teams.  Each student had a chance to play goalie both times that I saw them. 

The first time was when small groups of four were able to kick a ball through cones to score a goal.  The goalie was reminded that they could use their hands and needed to stay in front of goal.  I got some good pictures and short video that I would like to post, but I need to make sure I have permission to post them first.  I am waiting for the slips to be signed (from computer class). 

The second time I saw students they were put on to two teams.  The kicking team had to kick as far as they could and run to a cone and back (approximately 50 feet).

Justin drop kicking the ball


The other team had to dribble/pass/shoot in the goal to score a point.  If the kicker made it back before a point was scored they received a point.  The kicking team provided the goalie.  I have just a few pictures and video of that game.  I really enjoyed how the sixth graders got in to the friendly competition. 

As for the shoes, we still have some students forgetting their tennis shoes.  I cannot let a student play soccer in flip flops for fear they might hurt themselves.  So please remember your shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment