Friday, September 7, 2012

6th Grade's Good Character Relays

Yesterday I was able to meet all of my sixth grade classes.  I had them two years ago as fourth graders, so it was nice knowing most of the students.  What I remember about this group is they were very competitive. 

We did a warm-up called "double up" where I realized that we need to practice our skipping on a regular basis.  I talked about the rules, the new traveling shoe trophy, and the year at a glance. 

The class ended with a relay race using character words.  The students had to race to find each letter in the character word that their team had picked.  We used most of the following words:
1. Integrity (part of our Mustang MAGIC) - I had one person remember what this word actually meant
2. Sportsmanship
3. Teamwork
4. Effort
5. Respect
6. Responsibility
7. Listening
8… and a few more that I will update when I get back to McGuire - I am at Pullen in between Kindergarten and still in the 5 and 6 year old state of mind

We went over each word and said our good byes.  What a great first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment