Monday, September 10, 2012

Starting With Soccer

We have officially kicked off our physical education classes.  We are beginning the year with soccer.  The students were able to dribble and trap the ball today.  I also set up cones to practice ball control while weaving through and around each cone.  I mentioned to sixth graders that this will be one of the many field events at the annual 44th annual 6th grade track meet in the spring. 

We played a game called "Terminator" also known as "Dribble Knock-out".  I just like to say "Terminator" like Arnold Schwarzeneger so that's what I call it.  Nobody got it when I quoted "I'll be back...".  I must be getting old and/or they must not be watching that kind of violent movie.  The majority of students were asking to play again next class.  That makes me smile! J  

It was fun to watch some strategy and alliances being formed during the game.  They were thinking about ways to keep themselves in the game.  I enjoy watching their minds come up with creative strategies. 

"Hasta la vista, baby"  (imagine my great Arnold impression again)

No comments:

Post a Comment